Your data will be stored when you apply to participate in the Bootcamp. We process your data when producing the event and for the purpose of offering you a wonderful experience. In the future, we want to create increasingly better events and experiences, and the data we collect will help us to understand what sort of audience is interested in the Stockholm Startup Bootcamp and how we can evolve in the future.
1. From where do we collect data?
We collect data about you, for example, when you:
- apply and register for the Bootcamp
- Contact us
- Rgive us marketing permission and receive messages from us (note that you can always cancel your subscription at any moment)
- take part in some of our marketing campaigns or marketing surveys or an opinion poll we organize
- give us feedback, leave us a message to contact you or otherwise get in touch with the Stockholm Startup Bootcamp or its representatives
- are a contact person or a representative of one of our stakeholders
- share, publish, comment on something or send a message through our social media channels. We carry out social media monitoring on a general level to understand our participants better and to develop our marketing
2. What kind of data do we collect?
We get some of the data directly from you, for instance when you apply or register for the Bootcamp.
We collect the following data>
- Name and contact details: First and last name, email address, billing address and other similar contact details.
- Demographic data: We collect other descriptive data, such as occupation, and country to learn more about our participants.
- Customer relationship data: We collect data, for example, on your registration to our events. We collect information on customer feedback and other customer contacts.
- Background data> We collect data, for example, on your background and education. This to know more about our participants and enable diverse teams at the Bootcamp
- Market surveys and opinion poll: We collect data in the interest of developing our events on the basis of the results of these market surveys and polls
- Data on interest: We collect data on your interests related to the event, e.g. on what you would like to see next time.
- Marketing permissions and prohibitions: We take photographs and record video at all of our events. If we photograph you in particular and not the whole audience or ambience, we will ask for your consent to publish the image. Your picture may also be recorded by our live streaming cameras.
You can influence the type of data we collect. However, participation in our events requires that you submit your personal data. If you decide not to submit your personal data to us, we may be unable to provide all the possibilities of our events to you.
3. What is the data used for?
We process your data in order to organize our events. We also process your data if it is necessary for the realization our legitimate interest.
“Legitimate interest” refers to our actions that are allowed by law and which are in direct relation to our operations. We may act on the grounds of legitimate interest where a significant and pertinent relationship exists between the participant and us. This means that the relationship has been formed for the purpose of participating in our events itself or in the organization of the event in the role of e.g. audience, a member of organizers or a member of partnering organizations.
In assessing legitimate interest, both the interests of the participant and ours are evaluated, taking in to account the realization of fundamental rights, the nature and purpose of use of the data collected, and data security. This process has been explained e.g. by the European Data Authorities and we follow these established guidelines.
The participant has the right to object to processing that occurs on the basis of a legitimate interest. We explain this further in section 8. In some cases, we may ask your consent for processing your data for example by using opt-in checkboxes in registration or other forms.
We also process your data to better be able to market our event. We may also process your data when conducting marketing surveys and opinion polls to gain a better understanding of our participants and thereby make the event better. We target our content to provide you with information about our event that is as relevant as possible. The targeting of our content is based on interests and information we have collected. For example, we might send different information to investors than startup entrepreneurs.
We process the data for analysis, for compiling statistics and reporting, again, mainly to develop our event and to improve the participant experience.
4. How long do we store your data?
Please note that regardless of what has been said above, we may make an exception in retention period when a legal claim is made against us or when the handling of matters related to such a claim is incomplete or when the law requires us to do so.
5. Who can process your data and do we disclose it to third parties?
Your data is processed within the Stockholm Startup Bootcamp team. We may disclose your data to the authorities, for example, if the law requires us to do so. To fulfil our contractual obligations, we may disclose personal data to third parties. Such third parties include for example our partner offering to host the Bootcamp e.g. namelists at the door. These parties may also act as the controller in terms of personal data needed for the registration. We advise you to read the data protection policies of these parties.
However, we do not, as a rule, disclose your data to third parties in such a manner that they would be able to use it for other purposes than those defined by us. When using subcontractors or service providers we obligate them with appropriate contractual means to maintain a level of information security that is adequate to protect your data and to comply with personal data legislation.
6. Do we transfer your data beyond the borders of the EU or EAA("third countries")
We do not intensionally transfer your data to third countries. Due to using, for example, Google-services to handle our applications we cannot ensure that the data will always remain within the EU or EAA.
7. How can you influence the processing of your personal data?
You can control how we collect and use your data.
You are entitled to influence the processing of your data in the following ways:
- You have the right to forbid the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing at any time (right to object). Please note that you may receive marketing communication from us in relation to your work or area of responsibility.
- In some situations, you may have the right, for reasons related to special personal circumstances, to object to the processing of your personal data beyond the purposes of direct marketing when it is done by virtue of our legitimate interest.
- You have the right to request access to data concerning you or to receive confirmation that we do not process data concerning you (right to access).
- In some cases, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in digital format so that you can transfer it to another controller (right to portability).
- You have the right to have data rectified (right to rectification).
- In certain situations, you may have the right to restrict processing (right to restriction of processing). In other words, if you dispute the accuracy of your data, you have the right to restrict its processing for a period of time that allows us to ensure that your data is accurate.
- You have the right to have your data erased in certain situations (right to be forgotten). For example, when the processing of your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or the processing was based on your consent and you wish to withdraw that consent. Please note if your personal data is necessary for the purpose of, for instance, the registration of your participation to the event, we cannot remove your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions concerning them, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can you turn to if you have any questions concerning the processing of your data?
You can always contact us via email@example.com. We are happy to help with any questions you might have.
If you think that we have infringed upon your rights based on personal data legislation, you can also file a complaint with the local data protection authority. We nevertheless recommend that you first get in touch with us, so we can help you in the best way possible.
Stockholm Startup Bootcamp, the Bootcamp, is organized by Stockholm Startup Bootcamp a nonprofit in Sweden.